Bhusawal railway division is one of the five railway division of Central Railway (India) Zone of Indian Railways located at Bhusawal in Jalgaon district of Maharashtra state in western India. The other railway divisions are Mumbai CSTM, Nagpur, Solapur and Pune. There are 121 railway stations in Bhusawal railway division.
Milestones In 1853 the Survey for extension of Railway line beyond Igatpuri towards Khandesh border was completed. By 1860, Bhusawal Station building with a single platform was constructed and next year on 1 October, the Igatpuri-Bhusawal section was opened. By 1866, the Bhusawal – Khandwa Section was opened and in 1867, the Bhusawal – Badnera section was opened as single line. In 1914, the Murtizapur – Achalpur/Yavatmal narrow gauge line was opened.
In 1920, the Bhusawal Division was formed under the Great Indian Peninsula Railway (GIPR) and within the next two years, the doubling of the Bhusawal - Badnera section was completed.
Then after Independence, Bhusawal become part of the Central Railway Zone in 1951 and in 1962, the Central Railway Zonal Training School setup at Bhusawal. Electrification with 25 KV AC Traction was completed for Igatpuri - Bhusawal section in 1969 and by 1972, Bhusawal Electric Loco shed started functioning.
After a major gap, the Bhusawal-Badnera Section was electrified with 25KV AC Traction in 1990 and the Bhusawal Khandwa Section was electrified in 1992. As a result, by 1993, the Bhusawal Steam loco shed was shut down and the last steam loco was withdrawn from service on 16 December 1993.
It connects other railway division of central Railway Zone as
- Mumbai CSTM division at Igatpuri,
- Solapur Railway Division at Manmad Jn,
- Nagpur Railway Division at Badnera Junction.
It connects to other Zones of Indian railways as at
- Mamnad Jn to Nanded Railway Division of South Central Railway Zone,
- Jalgaon Jn to Mumbai WR railway division of Western Railway Zone,
- Khandwa Jn. to Bhopal Junction railway division of Western Central Railway Zone
- Khandwa Jn to Nanded Railway Division of South Central Railway Zone for Meter Gauge
- Akola Jn to Nanded Railway Division of South Central Railway Zone for Meter Gauge
Junction Stations and their routes
The Junction railway stations in the Bhusawal railway divisions are Manmad Jn, Chalisgaon Jn, Pachora Jn, Jalgaon Jn, Bhusawal Jn, Khandwa Jn, Jalamb Jn, Akola Jn, Murtajapur Jn, Badnera Jn. Routeswise and gaugewise they are classified as 4B Manmad 2B2M Khandwa Jn, Akola Jn, 2B2N Murtajapur Jn
Igatpuri railway station is not under Bhusawal division(Exclude), but is under Mumbai CR railway division.
Railway line and en route stations
There are three main lines in this railway subdivision and many branch lines.
The railway line en route station details are as follows
- Igatpuri(Exclude)-Manmad Jn-Chalisgaon Jn-Pachora Jn-Jalgaon Jn-Bhusawal Jn
- En route station details- Igatpuri - Ghoti - Padli - Asvati - Lahavit - Devlali - Nasik Road - Odha - Kherwadi - Kasbe Sukene - Niphad - Ugaon - Lasalgaon - Summit - Manmad Jn - Panewadi - Hisvahal - Panjhan - Nandgaon - Pimparkhed - Naydongari - Rohini - Hirapur - Chalisgaon Jn - Vaghali - Kajgaon - Nagardevla - Galan - Pachora Jn - Pardhade - Maheji - Mhasawad - Shirsoli - Jalgaon Jn - Bhadli - Bhusawal Jn
- Chalisgaon Jn- Dhule
- En route station details- Chalisgaon Jn - Bhoras Budruk - Jamdha - Rajmane - Mordad Tanda - Shirud - Borvihar - Mohade P Laling - Dhule
|Section||Main/Branch||Gauge||Double/Single line||Traction||Distance in km|
|Igatpuri (excl.) to Manmad Jn||Main||BG||Double||Electric||124|
|Manmad Jn to Chalisgaon Jn||Main||BG||Double||Electric||67|
|Chalisgaon Jn to Dhule||Branch||BG||Single||Diesel||57|
|Chalisgaon Jn to Pachora Jn||Main||BG||Double||Electric||45|
|Pachora Jn to Jamner||Branch||NG||Single||Diesel||---|
|Pachora Jn to Jalgaon Jn||Main||BG||Double||Electric||47|
|Jalgaon Jn to Bhusawal Jn||Main||BG||Double||Electric||25|
|Total||-- km of Main||-- km of BG||-- km of double line||-- km of electrified track||---|
|-- km of Branch||-- km of NG||-- km of single line||-- km of diesel track||---|
- Bhusawal Jn-Burhanpur-Khandwa Jn(Include)
- En route station details- Bhusawal Jn - Duskheda - Savda - Nimbhora - Raver - Wghoda. - Burhanpur - Asirgarh Road - Chandni - Nepa Nagar - Mandwa - Saglhata - Dongargaon - Kohdad - bagmar - Badegaon Gujar - Khandwa Jn
- Bhusawal Jn-Jalamb Jn-Akola Jn-Murtajapur Jn-Badnera Jn(Include)
- En route station details- Bhusawal Jn - Varangaon - Achegaon - Bodwad - Kolhadi. - Khamkhed - Malkapur - Wadoda - Biswa Bridge - Kumgaon Burti - Nandura - Jalamb Jn - Shegaon - Shrikshetra Nagzari - Paras - Gaigaon - Akola Jn - Yavatmal- Ladkhed - Borgaon - Katepurna - Murtajapur Jn - Mana - Mandura. - Kurum - Takli - Badnera Jn
- rly stations
- R.P.Saxena (ed.). "Indian Railway History Time line".
- "Bhusaval Division – Milestone". Central Railway, Mumbai CSTM. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "SYSTEM MAP" (PDF). Indian Railway. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.