Bhau Kalchuri (born Vir Singh Kalchuri on January 13, 1927) is an Indian author, poet, trust administrator, and one of Meher Baba's mandali (close disciples). Bhau Kalchuri is also the principal biographer of Meher Baba's life.
Bhau Kalchuri was born one of seven children to well-to-do parents in a northern Indian village. When Bhau was ten, his father sent him to a district school for a better education, and from then on Bhau excelled in all his studies, completing master’s degrees in public administration, law, and chemistry. Bhau Kalchuri was a relative latecomer to Meher Baba's circle, meeting Meher Baba in 1952 and joining him permanently in 1953 at the age of 27. He served Meher Baba in various capacities including as his night watchman. Meher Baba gave Bhau several writing assignments, many of which he completed only after Meher Baba died in 1969. In 1973 Bhau became a trustee of the Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust. Today he is its chairman and oversees all operations at the trust office in Ahmednagar and the trust mandated developments at Meherabad, India.
Kalchuri is best known for his exhaustive biography of Meher Baba, Lord Meher (also known as Meher Prabu), a twenty volume 6,472 page chronicle based on diaries kept by Baba's followers from as early as 1922, as well as recorded interviews. He is also author of Avatar Meher Baba Manifesting and The Nothing and The Everything, a book on spiritual mechanics based on notes given to him by Meher Baba. He has also written several plays and books of verse. Bhau writes in Hindi and English.
Of all of Meher Baba's still living mandali, Bhau Kalchuri is today one of the most publicly accessible. Currently Kalchuri gives talks all around the world on the life and teachings of Avatar Meher Baba, and publishes an online periodical Awakenings. Starting in 1985, he has made extensive speaking tours both inside and outside of India, predominantly the United States, but also many trips to Europe and Australia. He has been interviewed in both press and radio  and also appears in Roger Nygard's film The Nature of Existence.
English published 
- Meher Prabhu: Lord Meher, The Biography of the Avatar of the Age, Meher Baba. Bhau Kalchuri, Manifestation, Inc. 1986. 20-volume biography taken from numerous diaries and personal interviews conducted by Mr. Kalchuri.
- Meher Baba's New Life
- Avatar of the Age Meher Baba Manifesting
- While the World Slept (ISBN 9780595474325)
- The Nothing and the Everything
- Let's Go To Meherabad (ISBN 9780940700116)
- Mastery in Servitude
- Meher Geetika
- Meher Roshani
- Meher Sarod
- Nectar for the Children (ISBN 9788190942805)
- Ocean Waves, Volume I and II (ISBN 9781161111798)
- The Spiritual Training Program
- Sun Rays
- The Awakenings of Bhau Kalchuri from Beloved Avatar Meher Baba (ISBN 9788190942812)
- Divya Leela (play)
- Jai Meher (play)
- Meher Darshan
- Meher Jyoti (Flame) (songs)
- Meher Leela (biography of Meher Baba up until 1965 in verse)
- Prem Mahima (The Glory of Love) (play)
- Subkucha aur Kuchnahn (conversational rendering of The Everything and The Nothing by Eruch Jessawalla)
- Vishvas (Faith) (play)
- You Alone Exist (prayer)
- Bhau Kalchuri: Meher Baba's Lion (dir. David Hammer)
External links