History and profile
Bhashaposhini was first published in 1892 as a literary journal of the 'Bhashaposhini Sabha'. The founding editor was Kandathil Varghese Mappillai. In 1895, it merged with another magazine Vidhyavinodini. However, after 3 years, in 1897, resumed as an independent journal again. It continued to be an important and authentic periodical until 1942. After a long break, in 1977 June, the magazine was revived by the Malayala Manorama group of Publications. At present, it is one of the significant Malayalam periodical that is published monthly.
- Mass Media at Kerala Government site