The Beaumont Reserve Fleet is maintained in Beaumont, Texas as part of the National Defense Reserve Fleet (NDRF), maintained by the Maritime Administration (MARAD), an agency of the Department of Transportation (DOT).
It is one of the three remaining (originally eight) locations where mothballed ships are laid up for potential re-use.
The location is on the Neches River which connects to the Gulf of Mexico.
Inventory of the Beaumont Reserve Fleet
Correct as of August 31, 2015. US Army barges were also present at this date.
- MV Cape Victory (T-AKR-9701)
- MV Cape Vincent (T-AKR-9666)
- SS Cape Flattery (AK-5070)
- SS Cape Mendocino (AKR-5064)
- SS Cape Florida (AK-5071)
- SS Diamond State (T-ACS-7)
- SS Chesapeake (AOT-5084)
- USNS Paul Buck (T-AOT-1122)
- USNS Richard G. Matthiesen (T-AOT-1124)
- USNS Samuel L. Cobb (T-AOT-1123)
- SS Cape Gibson (AK-5051)
- SS Equality State (T-ACS-8)
- USS Flint (AE-32)
- USNS Observation Island (T-AGM-23)
- USNS Sumner (T-AGS-61)
- USS Tripoli (LPH-10)
- MV Cape Lobos (AKE-5078)
- USS Nassau (LHA-4)
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.