|Bay High School|
|29230 Wolf Road
Bay Village, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County), 44140
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Bay Village School District|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Athletics conference||West Shore Conference|
|Rival||(Rocky River, Westlake)|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Athletic Director||Matthew Spellman|
Bay High School is a public high school located in Bay Village, Ohio, west of Cleveland, Ohio. Bay High has been included in Newsweek Magazine's Best High Schools in America list since 2006. Bay High was named a National Blue Ribbon School by the Ohio Department of Education in 2010.
The school colors are blue and white. The sports teams are known as the Bay Rockets. The school is a member of the West Shore Conference.
Bay High School initiated the "Bike to School Challenge," an annual three-week event that achieves participation by roughly half of the student body. The program encourages physical fitness and eco-friendly transportation, and serves as a role model for high schools across the USA.
- Brad Friedel (US National team goalkeeper)
- Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond)
- Richard Patrick (Musician)
- Robert Patrick (Actor)
- Richard North Patterson (Author)
- Chris Ronayne (President of University Circle Inc.)
- Kate Voegele (Singer/Songwriter)
- Dave Zastudil (Punter - Cleveland Browns)
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Retrieved 2010-02-17.[dead link]
- Century Cycles. "Bike to School Challenge". Retrieved 2011-10-17.
|This Cuyahoga County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.