|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
Basand is situated 45 km North East from Khanna Bridge(کھنہ پل) Islamabad. It belongs to Union Council Karore. Its tehsil is Kotli Sattian. The neighboring villages are Kallan کلاں, Surba سربہ, Kullah کُلا and Patah پھاٹہ. Muree is to its North, Kasmir to the East, Islamabad is to the West and Punjab cities are to the south. It is about three thousand and two hundred feet above sea level. It is surrounded by pine trees and scrub forest.
It is home to Janu Khan(جانوں خان) forefather of Janwal from Dhanyal Tribeقبیلہ دھنیال . Due to enmity of step brothers, he crossed river Sawn with his family and cattle to live in Tandloch (تندلوچ) near to Basand. One day he saw mud marks on his cattle body, showing water was accessible. He walked with his cattle until he reached the central spring (known as Chalyar). He took his family and cattle from Tandloch to Basand. This house is renowned as Barra Kharr(Big House)(بڑا گھر).
||This article's list of residents may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (November 2013)|
- H/Lieutenant Shah Nawaz
- Brigadier Muhammad Ajmal son of Captain Sher Afzal Khan (First Brigadier in Area) - 3rd Generation ~ 1st Battalion The Frontier Force Regiment
- Jamadar Muhammad Khan (Colour Holder Football Army)
- Subedar Muzammil Khan (59 Scinde) present day 1st Battalion The Frontier Force Regiment - killed in Action during Battle of Qut ul Ammara in Mesopotamia (present day Iraq ) on 16 March 1916. Details on plaque at Basara War Memorial.
- Captain Sher Afzal Khan son of Subedar Muzzamil Khan (2nd Generation - 1st Battalion the Frontier Force Regiment)
- Commander Abbas, Pakistan Navy
- Commander Yousaf, Pakistan Navy
- Magrib Hussain Shaheed (1965)
- Raja Sarwar
- Colonel Zafar Ahmed (3rd Generation - 1st Battalion The Frontier Force Regiment / Commanded 11th Battalion The Frontier Force Regiment )
- Lieutenant Colonel Muhammad Nausherwan Zafar son of Colonel Zafar Ahmed (4th Generation - Frontier Force Regiment)
- Professor Haq Nawaz (Writer of book Qabila Dhanyal قبیلہ دھنیال) 
- Muhammad Nisar
- Haji Muhammad Yaqoob
- Colonel Sultan Mehmood
- Major Zikriya
- Lieutenant Colonel Umar Shehzad
- Dr. Muhammad Ammar Zafar (1st Pakistani Post Doctorate in Molecular Biological Sciences at Princeton University, NJ, USA)
- Haq Nawaz, Professor (2012). Qabila Dhnayal قپیلہ دھنیال. Rawalpindi.