|Born||Barney Ivan S. Clark
25 June 1993
Hackney, London, England, UK
|Other names||Barney Clarke|
Clark began acting in school plays and appeared in the 2001 film Lawless Heart when he was eight. He attended Central Foundation Boys' School in Islington, London, and was in the yellow form of Year 11.
He successfully auditioned for the title role in the 2005 version of Oliver Twist, directed by Roman Polanski; 800 children had auditioned for the role. The film opened in September 2005 and Clark received positive reviews for his performance although the film was mostly considered a financial and critical disappointment. When he was on the set of Oliver Twist he kept a diary every day.
His later projects included Savage Grace and short film Moog.
- Lawless Heart (2001) as James
- Foyle's War (TV series) as Tim Howard in episode War Games (2003)
- The Brief (TV series) as Zak Farmer in two episodes (2004)
- Oliver Twist (2005) as Oliver Twist
- Moog (short film, 2007) as Sebastian Moog
- Savage Grace (2007) as Tony at 12
- Doctors as Michael Morgan in episode Ready or Not? (2008)
- Fan Website: Barney Clark World
- BBC interview (October 4, 2005)
- Cinema Confidential interview (September 30, 2005)
- Barney Clark at the Internet Movie Database