Banwaan sa Barcelona
Bayan ng Barcelona
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|Legislative district||2nd district of Sorsogon|
|• Mayor||Manuel L. Fortes Jr.|
|• Total||61.18 km2 (23.62 sq mi)|
|• Density||330/km2 (860/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Barcelona is a fifth class municipality in Sorsogon Province, Philippines, bounded by Gubat in the north, Bulusan in the south, Casiguran in the west and Pacific Ocean in the east. According to the 2010 Philippine census, it has a population of 20,340 people.
Historically it was governed by Mayors Rustico Estopace and Salvador Estuye.The Municipality was named by Spaniards, owing to the panoramic view of the coastal capital city of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain.
Based on the election result last May 14, 2007, Mayor Salvador Nee Estuye was elected together with Vice mayor Isabel Esmeria.
Barcelona is also known for its abundant supply of coconut, abaca and root crops such as sweet potato & cassava. It is also the main source of Pili nut, a popular delicious unique nut which you can certainly enjoy as dessert or main dish. It is also called the Little Switzerland of Asia because of its landscape.
- Poblacion Central
- Poblacion Norte
- Poblacion Sur
- San Antonio
- San Isidro
- San Ramon (Tan-awan)
- San Vicente
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Lourdes
|Population census of Barcelona|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Province: Sorsogon". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "An Act Changing the Name of Barrio Paghaluban, Municipality of Barcelona, Province of Sorsogon, to Peña Francia". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Province of Sorsogon". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System