||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)
Baharagora is a small town in East Singhbhum district and situated on the south-east corner of Jharkhand, India. It is 95 km from Jamshedpur. Kolkata–Mumbai National Highway 6 passes through it. National Highway 33 connects NH 6 at Baharagora and NH 2 at Barhi, Jharkhand.
Baharagora became a block in the year 1956. It is located at the southern end of Jharkhand.
Baharagora is the entry point of Jharkhand from the two states, namely West Bengal and Orissa. Since it is located at the border, West Bengal is approx 12 km and Orissa is approx 7 km from there. Although the official language of the state is Hindi, the local language in the area is a blend of Bengali and Oriya. The region was a part of erstwhile Gajapati Empire of Orissa. Except some government employees, all localities use either Bengali or Oriya as primary mode of education. In the erstwhile state of Bihar, textbooks were also released in Bengali and Oriya.
Places to visit 
- Chitreshwer Shiv Mandir - 12 km.
- Panchbariya Shiv Mandir - 15 km.
- Ghaspada krishna mandir - 16 km.
- Kumardubi Shiv Mandir, krishna mandir - 16 km.
- Patrasuni Mandir,Khamar - 11 km.
- Shitala Mata Mandir-1.5 km.
- Saljhatia Shiv Mandir - 9 km.
- Shiva mandir (Sandra)- 9.5 km
- Manusmuria Jaiguru Sanstha - 15 km.
- Jagannatha Mandir - 2 km.
- Shiva Mandir (hatchala) - 2 km.
- Jaiguru Sangha Ashram - 1 km.
- Subarnarekha river- 5 km.
- Unified check gate, Jamsola - Asia's Biggest Octroi Check Post - 5 km.
- Binapani Stadium - 0 km.
- Jyoti Pahari Kynite Mine - 5 km.
- Nataji Subash Park -0 km.
- Guhiyapal Shiva Mandir
- Baghmara Dumri(Charakmara) -8;km .
- Sri Sri Rasik Jeevan Mandir(Benda)- 5 km. from Baharagora
- Sri Hotteshwar Shiv Mandir(Benda)- 5 km. from Bahragora
- Shiv Mandir Jugalsalbni
- Maa Saragbauri Mandir Kesharda
- Shiv Mandir Kesharda
- Maa Dar basini Mandir Jugalsalboni
- Maa Kali Mandir (Kali Badi)- 0 km.
- Bhuteshwar shiv mandir -Khandamouda. from Baharagora
- Chakulia Railway Station (via Manushmuriya)- 30 km.
Baharagora is located at 22°17′N 86°43′E / 22.28°N 86.72°E. Baharagora Krishi Mela  It has an average elevation of 79 m (259 ft). The river Subarnarekha flows along its adjoining areas (approx at a distance of 7 km).
Schools and Colleges in Baharagora 
- 1.Baharagora High School, Baharagora
- 2.K.B.High School, Gamaria
- 3.Khandamouda Oriya High School, Khandamouda
- 4.Gopabandhu School, Panchrulia
- 5.Manusmuria High School, Manusmuria
- 6.Lal Bahadur Shastri High school, Joypura
- 7.Parulia High School, Parulia
- 8.Kesharda High School, Kesharda
- 9.Kumardubi Darkhuli High School, Kumardubi
- 10.Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir, Baharagora
- 11.Kaimi Hindi High School, Kaimi
- 12.Rashtriya Computer Saksharta Mission
- 13.T.P.S. D.A.V Public School
- 14.Chitreshwer high school
- 15.Benda Mauda middle school
- 16.Bhabani devi high school
- 17.Kanthulia middle school
- 18.Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir (Geeta Ashram)
- 19.L B S high school (jaypura)
- 20.Baharagora College.(Baharagora).
- 21.Ghaspada Middle school.(Ghaspada).
External links