A Bachelor of Environmental Science is an undergraduate bachelor's degree awarded for courses taken in the study of environmental science or related disciplines, such as sustainable resource development, environmental health, or ecological sustainability, and may also be known as a Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management degree in some schools.
In practice, this is essentially equivalent to a Bachelor of Science degree with a specialty in environmental impacts. The degree should not be confused with a Bachelor of Environmental Studies, which typically has less of a science focus and more of an interdisciplinary focus.
The Bachelor of Environmental Science degree is frequently abbreviated as B.Env.Sc., (sometimes B.E.Sc, B.S.E.S, or even B.E.S - the latter of which can cause confusion with a Bachelor of Environmental Studies degree) especially in the use of post-nominals.
In Australia, those who graduate with a B.Env.Sc. are eligible for membership in the Environment Institute of Australian and New Zealand.
List of institutions awarding Bachelor of Environmental Science degrees
This listing only includes institutions that award a Bachelor of Environmental Science degree. Although there are similar programs that are Bachelor of Science degrees that specialize in Environment and Environmental Studies, they are not included in this list. In many cases, the differences are political in nature, as opposed to content.
- Mount Allison University 
- Lakehead University
- Queen's University
- Trent University (formally a Bachelor of Environmental Studies and Science degree)
- University of Manitoba
- Humboldt State University
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
- California State University, Chico
- Eastern Michigan University
- Portland State University
- Australian Catholic University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Stuart University
- Deakin University
- Griffith University
- Monash University
- RMIT University
- Southern Cross University
- University of Canberra
- University of Newcastle (Australia)
- University of New England (Australia)
- University of Queensland
- University of South Australia
- University of Tasmania
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Kenyatta University
- Pwani University
- Uganda Christian University
- University of Buea (Cameroon)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- University of the Philippines (Philippines)
- International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan
- http://www.trentu.ca/ers/firstyear.php Trent Environment and Resource Studies
- http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/environment/departments/geography/undergraduate/ba_enviro_science/index.html UMan Department of Environment and Geography
- http://humboldt.edu/environment/programs/environmental-science Department of Environmental Science and Management, Humboldt
- http://www.geology.iupui.edu/bses/ Purdue School of Science, Department of Earth Sciences
- http://www.csuchico.edu/geos/ California State University, Chico, Geological and Environmental Sciences Department
- http://www.emich.edu/iess/ Eastern Michigan University, Interdisciplinary Environmental Science & Society
- http://www.pdx.edu/esm/home Portland State University, School of the Environment: Environmental Science and Management
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.