|Avon School District|
|Business Administrator:||Amy Lerner|
|Address:||Lincoln And 5th Avenues
Avon, NJ 07717
|Enrollment:||151 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||15.5|
|District Factor Group:||I|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,280||13||1,462||-12.4%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||51,685||31||54,453|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with 0-400 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=68
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For grades 9-12, public school students may attend either Asbury Park High School or Manasquan High School, as part of a sending/receiving relationships with the respective districts. Manasquan High School also serves students from Belmar, Brielle, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights who attended Manasquan High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective districts. During the 2004-2005 school year, there were seven students from Avon-by-the Sea who attended Manasquan High School. Students may also apply to academy schools in the Monmouth County Vocational School District, which include the Academy of Allied Health & Science, Biotechnology High School, High Technology High School, Marine Academy of Science and Technology and Communications High School.
Students may also attend Academy Charter High School, located in Lake Como, which serves residents of Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Deal, Interlaken and Lake Como, and accepts students on a lottery basis.
Avon Elementary School served an enrollment of 151 students during the 2008-09 school year.
- Helen Payne, Superintendent
- Amy Lerner, Business Administrator
- District information for the Avon Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 2, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2009.
- High School Information, Avon Elementary School. Accessed July 21, 2008.
- Manasquan Public Schools 2007 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed February 18, 2008. "Manasquan High School receives students from seven different districts; Avon, Brielle, Belmar, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, and Spring Lake Heights."
- About MBOE, accessed September 7, 2006.
- Academy Charter High School 2007 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 12, 2008.
- Data for the Avon Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 2, 2011.
- Avon Board of Education Members, Avon Elementary School. Accessed March 2, 2011.
- Monmouth County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Business Administrator's Office, Avon Elementary School. Accessed March 2, 2011.
- Avon Elementary School
- Avon Elementary School's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Avon Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics