The Australian Heritage Database is a listing of heritage sites in Australia. It is maintained by the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (Australia), in consultation with Australian Heritage Council. There are more than twenty thousand entries in the database, which includes natural, historic and Indigenous places.
Lists covered by the database are:
- the World Heritage List, places that are of outstanding universal value and have been included on this United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) managed list.
- the National Heritage List, a long list of natural, historic and Indigenous places that are of outstanding national heritage value to the Australian nation.
- the Commonwealth Heritage List, a list of natural, historic and Indigenous places of heritage significance owned or controlled by the Australian Government.
- the Register of the National Estate, a list of natural, historic Indigenous heritage places throughout Australia, frozen in February 2007 but to be replaced by other heritage lists by 2012.
- the Australian National Shipwreck Database, a register of historic shipwrecks in Australian waters, administered by The Department of the Environment and Water Resources.
- the List of Overseas Places of Historic Significance(LOPHSA), a list which recognises symbolically sites of outstanding historic significance to Australia that are located outside of the Australian jurisdiction.
- other places being considered for listing in one of these lists.
- photographs of listed places from the Australian Heritage Photographic Library.
- http://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/publications/hsp-factsheet.html Historic Shipwrecks Programme
- http://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/places/overseas/ List of Overseas Places of Historic Significance to Australia
- http://www.environment.gov.au/cgi-bin/heritage/photodb/imagesearch.pl Australian Heritage Photographic Library
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian protected areas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Australian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.