Asynchrony, in the general meaning, is the state of not being synchronized.
- Asynchronous learning, a student-centered teaching method that uses online learning resources to facilitate information sharing outside the constraints of time and place among a network of people
- Collaborative editing systems
In specific terms of digital logic and physical layer of communication, an asynchronous process does not require a clock signal, in contrast with synchronous and plesiochronous systems.
- Asynchronous circuit, is a sequential digital logic circuit which is not governed by a clock circuit or global clock signal
- Asynchronous system, has no global clock: instead, it operates under distributed control, with concurrent hardware components communicating and synchronizing on channels
- Asynchronous communication, transmission of data without the use of an external clock signal, where data can be transmitted intermittently rather than in a steady stream
- Asynchronous serial communication, describes an asynchronous, serial transmission protocol in which a start signal is sent prior to each byte, character or code word and a stop signal is sent after each code word
- Asynchronous cellular automaton, able to update individual cells independently, in such a way that the new state of a cell affects the calculation of states in neighbouring cells
At the higher data link layer of communication, asynchrony is synonym of statistical multiplexing. The information transmission may or may not start immediately as requested by sender, the additional delay being caused by medium congestion. Contrast with example of circuit switched communication, which (once circuit is established) allows immediate start of transfer with a guaranteed bit rate. Confusingly, a communication is often synchronous at the physical layer, while being asynchronous at the data link layer.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode, according to the ATM Forum, "a telecommunications concept defined by ANSI and ITU (formerly CCITT) standards for carriage of a complete range of user traffic, including voice, data, and video signals," and is designed to unify telecommunication and computer networks
- Packet switched systems such as Ethernet or IP
In computer programming, asynchronous events are those occurring independently of the main program flow. Asynchronous actions are actions executed in a non-blocking scheme, allowing the main program flow to continue processing.
In electric motors, an asynchronous motor is a variant where the electromagnetic field turns with a different (higher) speed than the rotor; the difference is called slip.
Node.js Asynchrony, Control-flow and Error handling
In this talk, Adam Crabtree, LinkedIn Server Engineer and BayNode Founder discusses the distinction between asynchrony and control-flow, and their intimate c...
Using the Oxylog 3000 simulator to show patient ventilator asynchrony
I know in the past I stated I did not use Draeger simulators. However this Oxylog simulator is responsive and I will be using it in a few videos. This video ...
Ab Mauer - Onset Asynchrony (A2)
Rips every dancefloor in shreds Label: Chronobrain -- CHRONOBRAIN 021 Format: Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM Country: France Released: 1999 Genre: Electronic Style: Te...
Ventilator Asynchrony: Auto Trigger
Ventilator asynchrony, autotriggering secondary to ventilator circuit leak.
Patient Ventilator Asynchrony: Double trigger
Important As for Parents - Asynchrony (2 of 2)
Giftedness is asynchronous development in which advanced cognitive abilities and heightened intensity combine to create inner experiences and awareness that ...
Important As for Parents - Asynchrony 1 of 2 Doreen Woolley
Asynchrony Characteristics Perfectionism in some form Sensitivity (overexcitabilities) Asynchrony of development Asynchrony means that gifted children: Devel...
Jonathan Worthington. Concurrency, Parallelism and Asynchrony: Perl 6 plotting and prototyping
YAPC::Europe 2013 in Kiev: http://act.yapc.eu/ye2013/talk/4925 By Jonathan Worthington (jnthn) from Bratislava.pm Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2013 14:10 Durat...
Ab Mauer - Onset Asynchrony
Label - CHRONOBRAIN 021 Country - France Released - 1999 Genre - Techno Oldies Goldies.
3 - Modern computer users demand a flawless UI, and there's no reason we can't deliver, especially with multiple cores being the norm in modern devices and w...
The Corner Economic
The Corner Economic
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:15:00 -0700
The greenback's strength is a necessary condition for the growth cycle to reach its peak, according to MS, due to three main reasons: it is a global solution, it buys time to some economic models to adjust, and it keeps the asynchrony in global economy.
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:03:45 -0700
... of what is taking place and when to intervene. "The intervals are flexible enough to accommodate the likely asynchrony of pandemic progression in different areas to allow for local, state, and federal actions appropriate to jurisdiction-specific ...
Area Development Online
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:53:39 -0700
It is that asynchrony, as much as any single cause, that has resulted in the “skills gap” that so occupies the conversations of CEOs and corporate hiring managers, particularly at manufacturing firms, says a new Georgetown University study (Failure to ...
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:48:45 -0700
Dr. Mark Balbes serves as Vice President, Architecture at Asynchrony Solutions, and leads multiple agile projects for government and Fortune 500 companies. He received his Ph.D. in nuclear physics from Duke University in 1992. For more information ...
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:15:00 -0700
... unison to lift the creature in synchronous defiance of gravity. Capturing the conversion point from asynchrony to synchrony would be the ideal milestone to mark our our accomplishment, and the foundation on which to build a more nuanced control ...
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 04:03:45 -0700
To develop a high-performance mobile enterprise app, developers should focus on productivity and help users complete their tasks more effectively and efficiently. A great enterprise app values users' time. App startup time, data download time, time of ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter