Asynchrony, in the general meaning, is the state of not being synchronized.
- Asynchronous learning, a student-centered teaching method that uses online learning resources to facilitate information sharing outside the constraints of time and place among a network of people
- Collaborative editing systems
In specific terms of digital logic and physical layer of communication, an asynchronous process does not require a clock signal, in contrast with synchronous and plesiochronous systems.
- Asynchronous circuit, is a sequential digital logic circuit which is not governed by a clock circuit or global clock signal
- Asynchronous system, has no global clock: instead, it operates under distributed control, with concurrent hardware components communicating and synchronizing on channels
- Asynchronous communication, transmission of data without the use of an external clock signal, where data can be transmitted intermittently rather than in a steady stream
- Asynchronous serial communication, describes an asynchronous, serial transmission protocol in which a start signal is sent prior to each byte, character or code word and a stop signal is sent after each code word
- Asynchronous cellular automaton, able to update individual cells independently, in such a way that the new state of a cell affects the calculation of states in neighbouring cells
At the higher data link layer of communication, asynchrony is synonym of statistical multiplexing. The information transmission may or may not start immediately as requested by sender, the additional delay being caused by medium congestion. Contrast with example of circuit switched communication, which (once circuit is established) allows immediate start of transfer with a guaranteed bit rate. Confusingly, a communication is often synchronous at the physical layer, while being asynchronous at the data link layer.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode, according to the ATM Forum, "a telecommunications concept defined by ANSI and ITU (formerly CCITT) standards for carriage of a complete range of user traffic, including voice, data, and video signals," and is designed to unify telecommunication and computer networks
- Packet switched systems such as Ethernet or IP
In computer programming, asynchronous events are those occurring independently of the main program flow. Asynchronous actions are actions executed in a non-blocking scheme, allowing the main program flow to continue processing.
In electric motors, an asynchronous motor is a variant where the electromagnetic field turns with a different (higher) speed than the rotor; the difference is called slip.
Using the Oxylog 3000 simulator to show patient ventilator asynchrony
I know in the past I stated I did not use Draeger simulators. However this Oxylog simulator is responsive and I will be using it in a few videos. This video ...
Important As for Parents - Asynchrony (2 of 2)
Giftedness is asynchronous development in which advanced cognitive abilities and heightened intensity combine to create inner experiences and awareness that ...
Ventilator Asynchrony: Auto Trigger
Ventilator asynchrony, autotriggering secondary to ventilator circuit leak.
Node.js Asynchrony, Control-flow and Error handling
In this talk, Adam Crabtree, LinkedIn Server Engineer and BayNode Founder discusses the distinction between asynchrony and control-flow, and their intimate c...
Important As for Parents - Asynchrony 1 of 2 Doreen Woolley
Asynchrony Characteristics Perfectionism in some form Sensitivity (overexcitabilities) Asynchrony of development Asynchrony means that gifted children: Devel...
Patient Ventilator Asynchrony: Double trigger
3 - Modern computer users demand a flawless UI, and there's no reason we can't deliver, especially with multiple cores being the norm in modern devices and w...
Jonathan Worthington. Concurrency, Parallelism and Asynchrony: Perl 6 plotting and prototyping
YAPC::Europe 2013 in Kiev: http://act.yapc.eu/ye2013/talk/4925 By Jonathan Worthington (jnthn) from Bratislava.pm Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2013 14:10 Durat...
Exploiting Asynchrony for Exascale Computational Materials Science
In this video, LANL's Timothy C. Germann presents: Exploiting Asynchrony for Exascale Computational Materials Science: hierarchical algorithms for hierarchic...
Asynchrony Interior Walk Through
Asynchrony Solutions found a new home in a historic 19th century warehouse (Cupples 9) in the heart of downtown St. Louis. The 7 story building adjacent to B...
PR Newswire (press release)
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 08:45:00 -0700
ST. LOUIS, Sept. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Asynchrony, a division of Schafer, is happy to announce the release of Krypdox, an enterprise wide, ultra-secure mobile file distribution solution. Unlike typical peer-to-peer file sharing solutions, Krypdox's ...
St. Louis Business Journal (blog)
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:18:45 -0700
Here is a list of events happening this week aimed at educating and informing local small-business owners, entrepreneurs and those interested in the St. Louis startup scene. Monday, Sept. 15. Lean Canvas: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Asynchrony, 900 Spruce St.
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 07:11:17 -0700
The troubled launch of healthcare.gov shouldn't have come as a surprise. Multiple studies show that large-scale IT projects are almost never delivered as promised and pose a significant risk of complete failure. A government acquisition process that ...
Mon, 08 Sep 2014 07:26:15 -0700
Townsend refers to this as "asynchrony": "That is, things that were previously synchronous and occurring at the same time, don't anymore. So an example would be an earlier spring, where there might be birds or insects or animals that are tied to when ...
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:03:45 -0700
Part 5 C#5: Asynchrony Made Simple. Banner. Given this outline you might assume that the first part of the book covers C# 1 but that's not the case. As Jon Skeet explains on page xxiv: "This is a book about C# from version 2.0 onward - it's as simple ...
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 05:59:40 -0700
... and his colleagues note that for tomatoes it seems to be a complicated combination of factors including carbohydrate build up during continuous photosynthesis and simply throwing off the plants natural circadian rhythms (known as circadian asynchrony).
SYS-CON Media (press release)
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:37:30 -0700
GBI Research's report, "Ventilators Market to 2020 - Technical Advances and Hospital Expansion Serve as Distinct Regional Growth Drivers" discusses the market, competitive landscape, and trends for three ventilator market segments: Adult/pediatric, ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter