Asynchrony, in the general meaning, is the state of not being synchronized.
- Asynchronous learning, a student-centered teaching method that uses online learning resources to facilitate information sharing outside the constraints of time and place among a network of people
- Collaborative editing systems
- Asynchronous circuit, is a sequential digital logic circuit which is not governed by a clock circuit or global clock signal
- Asynchronous system, has no global clock: instead, it operates under distributed control, with concurrent hardware components communicating and synchronizing on channels
- Asynchronous communication, transmission of data without the use of an external clock signal, where data can be transmitted intermittently rather than in a steady stream
- Asynchronous serial communication, describes an asynchronous, serial transmission protocol in which a start signal is sent prior to each byte, character or code word and a stop signal is sent after each code word
- Asynchronous cellular automaton, able to update individual cells independently, in such a way that the new state of a cell affects the calculation of states in neighbouring cells
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode, according to the ATM Forum, "a telecommunications concept defined by ANSI and ITU (formerly CCITT) standards for carriage of a complete range of user traffic, including voice, data, and video signals," and is designed to unify telecommunication and computer networks
- Asynchrony (computing)
- Asynchronous motor, a variety of electric motor where the electromagnetic field turns with a different (higher) speed than the rotor; the difference is called slip
Denver Business Journal
Business Wire (press release)
Fri, 29 Jan 2016 10:45:00 -0800
The Denver location will house WWT field sales and engineering personnel and the newest office of World Wide Technology Asynchrony Labs (Asynchrony Labs). Asynchrony Labs, acquired by WWT in 2015, is a recognized leader in Agile software ...
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 04:11:15 -0800
It contains only visual signs of respiratory distress so it can be used with telemedicine: age-appropriate tachypnea; perioral cyanosis; nasal flaring; tripoding; thoracoabdominal asynchrony; supraclavicular, substernal and intercostal retractions; and ...
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 12:00:30 -0800
In their process, pacemaker-induced transient asynchrony (PITA), the heart's right ventricle is paced to induce a 6-hour period of dyssynchrony each day, followed by atrial pacing to resynchronize the heart for the remaining 18 hours. In dogs with ...
Fri, 05 Feb 2016 02:37:57 -0800
Table 2: Values for accuracy (mean signed asynchrony in ms, mean ± standard deviation across participants, the scores closer to zero indicating higher accuracy) and precision (circular variance ranging between 0 and 1, with higher scores indicating ...
Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:43:58 -0700
“Our expertise in mobility and application development are an ideal complement to WWT's vast knowledge of systems architecture,” Bob Elfanbaum, co-founder and general manager of Asynchrony, said in a statement. “We're looking forward to working ...
Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:40:14 -0800
Nitesh Kant describes how embracing asynchrony in Netflix applications, from networking to business processing, creates gracefully degrading and highly resilient applications. Sponsored Content. Down-to-Earth Microservices with Java EE @ Oracle Virtual ...
Wed, 27 Jan 2016 08:07:30 -0800
This method can lead to an increase in mask leaks and asynchrony. Second, although masks have significantly improved and comfort with the interface is critically important for patients in respiratory distress, the newer models are expensive. Many ...
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:22:30 -0700
Top executives of both companies met recently with CRN to discuss the acquisition early this month by World Wide Technology, commonly known as WWT, of Asynchrony for an undisclosed sum. WWT, which has partnered with Asynchrony on a number of ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.