Asynchrony, in the general meaning, is the state of not being synchronized.
- Asynchronous learning, a student-centered teaching method that uses online learning resources to facilitate information sharing outside the constraints of time and place among a network of people
- Collaborative editing systems
In specific terms of digital logic and physical layer of communication, an asynchronous process does not require a clock signal, in contrast with synchronous and plesiochronous systems.
- Asynchronous circuit, is a sequential digital logic circuit which is not governed by a clock circuit or global clock signal
- Asynchronous system, has no global clock: instead, it operates under distributed control, with concurrent hardware components communicating and synchronizing on channels
- Asynchronous communication, transmission of data without the use of an external clock signal, where data can be transmitted intermittently rather than in a steady stream
- Asynchronous serial communication, describes an asynchronous, serial transmission protocol in which a start signal is sent prior to each byte, character or code word and a stop signal is sent after each code word
- Asynchronous cellular automaton, able to update individual cells independently, in such a way that the new state of a cell affects the calculation of states in neighbouring cells
At the higher data link layer of communication, asynchrony is synonym of statistical multiplexing. The information transmission may or may not start immediately as requested by sender, the additional delay being caused by medium congestion. Contrast with example of circuit switched communication, which (once circuit is established) allows immediate start of transfer with a guaranteed bit rate. Confusingly, a communication is often synchronous at the physical layer, while being asynchronous at the data link layer.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode, according to the ATM Forum, "a telecommunications concept defined by ANSI and ITU (formerly CCITT) standards for carriage of a complete range of user traffic, including voice, data, and video signals," and is designed to unify telecommunication and computer networks
- Packet switched systems such as Ethernet or IP
In computer programming, asynchronous events are those occurring independently of the main program flow. Asynchronous actions are actions executed in a non-blocking scheme, allowing the main program flow to continue processing.
In electric motors, an asynchronous motor is a variant where the electromagnetic field turns with a different (higher) speed than the rotor; the difference is called slip.
Please watch in HD and full screen. John (Ben Wiggins) is haunted by the emotional history of the places around him, and tries to reconnect to the world through ...
Parallelism, Concurrency, and Asynchrony in Perl 6 / Jonathan Worthington
Asynchrony Labs and The Joy of Coding
Node.js Asynchrony, Control-flow and Error handling
In this talk, Adam Crabtree, LinkedIn Server Engineer and BayNode Founder discusses the distinction between asynchrony and control-flow, and their intimate ...
Adventures in Perl 6 Asynchrony - Jonathan Worthington (jnthn)
Events in a user interface. Incoming web requests in a web server, or responses for a web client. File change notifications. Work kicked off to a background ...
Asynchrony by Ioanna M.
So I go up and down in this room with constant fear of disturbing the ghosts I feel like taking a nap for the rest of the year I wanna wake up successful or ...
Asynchrony of Lives
Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises Asynchrony of Lives · Plastik Joy 3: 03 ℗ 2009 Nicolini/?üsgrimsson ℗ n5MD Released on: 2009-05-15 ...
Jonathan Worthington. Concurrency, Parallelism and Asynchrony: Perl 6 plotting and prototyping
YAPC::Europe 2013 in Kiev: http://act.yapc.eu/ye2013/talk/4925 By Jonathan Worthington ( jnthn ) from Bratislava.pm Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2013 14:10 ...
Important As for Parents - Asynchrony 1 of 2 Doreen Woolley
Asynchrony Characteristics Perfectionism in some form Sensitivity (overexcitabilities) Asynchrony of development Asynchrony means that gifted children: ...
Patient- Ventilator Asynchrony: Lluis Blanch
Discussion on common causes of patient-ventilator asynchrony. For more information visit www.draeger.com/uk-avs.
Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:43:58 -0700
“Our expertise in mobility and application development are an ideal complement to WWT's vast knowledge of systems architecture,” Bob Elfanbaum, co-founder and general manager of Asynchrony, said in a statement. “We're looking forward to working ...
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:27:03 -0700
Bob Elfanbaum, co-founder and general manager of Asynchrony, told CRN that his company started partnering and doing joint marketing with WWT because of the latter's attractive customer base, one that offered new opportunities beyond its parent ...
Mon, 05 Oct 2015 07:26:15 -0700
There is a set of emerging needs that include the ability to handle asynchrony, manage power locally and globally, handle re- liability, provide for over commit of software threads, and interact effectively with runtimes. The classical needs allow ...
Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:22:30 -0700
World Wide Technology is moving to add custom application development to its traditional data center infrastructure integration with the acquisition of Asynchrony. St. Louis-based World Wide Technology, better known as WWT, is renaming the organization ...
Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:00:00 -0700
“Although playing a string instrument also requires fine motor skills and hand coordination, it enforces a strict asynchrony between left-hand and right-hand finger movements.” “It is surprising that the effect is instrument-specific,” says Marcus ...
Fri, 25 Sep 2015 12:41:15 -0700
... (b) intrinsic de-bounce of the mechanical inputs, (c) automatic conversion of the analog thermistor signal to a 12V PWM fan, and most importantly (d) complete asynchrony between the quadrature input device and the SPI register, which provides not ...
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 02:02:42 -0700
We examined only one condition involving a stimulus onset asynchrony (SOA) between the cue and target to simplify the experimental design. However, previous studies have reported that the attentional shifts based on visual features or intentions can ...
Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:41:15 -0700
Asynchrony is a constant theme. As Guy rushes to meet Geneviève that first night, the last minute customer whom he never sees is Roland Cassard. Geneviève gets pregnant the very first time they have sex. Guy's beloved aunt dies the very night he hits ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.