||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)
Mount Arashiyama across the Ōi River
Arashiyama (嵐山 Storm Mountain) is a district on the western outskirts of Kyoto, Japan. It also refers to the mountain across the Ōi River, which forms a backdrop to the district. Arashiyama is a nationally-designated Historic Site and Place of Scenic Beauty.
Notable tourist sites 
- The Iwatayama Monkey Park on the slopes of Mount Arashiyama. Over 170 monkeys live at the park. While the monkeys are wild, they have become accustomed to humans. The park is located on a small mountain not far from the Saga-Arashiyama rail station. Visitors can approach and photograph the monkeys. At the summit is a fenced enclosure, from within which visitors can feed the monkeys.
- The romantic "Moon Crossing Bridge" (渡月橋,Togetsukyō), notable for its views of cherry blossoms and autumn colors on the slopes of Mt Arashiyama.
- The tombstone of the Heike courtesan Kogo of Sagano.
- Tenryū-ji, the main temple of one the 15 branches of the Rinzai school, one of the two main sects of Zen Buddhism in Japan.
- The hamlet of Kiyotaki, a small scenic village at the base of Mt Atago, the home to a notable Shinto shrine.
- Matsuo Shrine, half a mile south of the area, which is home to a blessed spring. It is also one of the oldest shrines in the Kyoto area, founded in 700. The alleged restorative properties of the spring bring many local sake and miso companies to the shrine for prayers that their product will be blessed.
- Kameyama koen has a stone commemorating Zhou Enlai's visit to Arashiyama. He was moved by the cherry blossoms and mountain greenery. The four poems Zhou Enlai wrote about his visit are engraved on a stone monument: "Arashiyama in the Rain."
- Ōkōchi Sansō, the Japanese-style home and gardens of the film actor Denjirō Ōkōchi.
Arashiyama is accessible by the Keifuku Electric Railroad from central Kyoto or by the Hankyū Arashiyama Line from Katsura, with connections from Osaka and Kyoto Karasuma station. Additionally, the JR Saga Arashiyama Station is located in the district's suburbs.
The Togetsukyō is a bridge across the river. The river shown in the photograph changes names on either side of this bridge. West of the bridge it is the Hozu River and east of the bridge it is the Katsura River.
External links 
35°00′54″N 135°40′14″E / 35.015096°N 135.670667°ECoordinates: 35°00′54″N 135°40′14″E / 35.015096°N 135.670667°E (Arashiyama Park)
35°00′46″N 135°40′40″E / 35.012864°N 135.67775°E (Togetsukyō)
35°01′08″N 135°40′53″E / 35.018761°N 135.681389°E (JR Station)
35°00′56″N 135°40′42″E / 35.015437°N 135.678306°E (Randen Station)
35°00′35″N 135°40′56″E / 35.009859°N 135.682347°E (Hankyū Station)
Kyoto - Saga Arashiyama 京都市 嵐山 [Love Japan]
Yokoso Japan ! Kyoto - Saga Arashiyama 京都市 嵐山 Short film series "Love Japan" by Fred Bouchal Music : Hoshida, Ichizan - Umi (sea fantasy). Playlist "Love Jap...
Japan Trip Blog Episode 8 - Arashiyama 嵐山
Episode 8 goes further in the japanese countryside. Hope you like it! We continue our travel to the Kyoto surroundings. Arashiyama is a beautiful place where...
Iwatayama monkey park, arashiyama, Kyoto, japan
our trip to the monkey park in japan october 2009. check out 2:27 a baby monkey climbs my leg. sorry about cheesey transitions, couldn't render the movie wit...
Arashiyama Station (嵐山駅） - Randen （嵐電） Tram Line, Kyoto Prefecture
Arashiyama Station (嵐山駅） is part of the Shijo-Omiya （四条大宮駅） to Arashiyama Randen Tram line, owned and operated by Keifuku Railway in Kyoto Prefecture, Japan....
嵯峨野・嵐山(Arashiyama and Sagano),Kyoto
Arashiyama is a beautiful area where the view can be enjoyed as it changes from season to season. Sagano is a tranquil place and was beloved by emperors and ...
Hana Toro, Night Illumination In Arashiyama, Kyoto.
Arashiyama is a quiet town located in the west side of Kyoto, surrounded by mountains and the beautiful Hozugawa River. From January to December, many tradit...
Bamboo Groves of Arashiyama, Kyoto Prefecture
The famous "Bamboo Groves" of Arashiyama is a must visit, if you are in Kyoto City. A stroll through these groves, you will probably tell yourself many many ...
Sharp AQUOS Product Video "Impression"
"Impression" Product video for Sharp AQUOS. Music "Arashiyama" by Tetsuya Komuro.
Japan trip Day 4 Arashiyama Part 2
http://www.dombower.com facebook page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid... twitter http://twitter.com/DomBowerPhoto if you want to by any of these things...
DJTK/Arashiyama (Bootleg Video)
Tetsuya Komuro(globe,ex.TM Network)'s latest work.
Wed, 08 May 2013 15:04:42 -0700
"If traveling to the western suburbs of Kyoto, you must visit the Iwatayama Monkey Park on the slopes of Mount Arashiyama, where you can spend a good part of the day just hanging out with the monkeys and enjoying the view of Arashiyama and Kyoto," says ...
Thu, 16 May 2013 20:30:17 -0700
Fortunately, we experience no such incident. Back in Kyoto, I head to the western suburb of Arashiyama where I take a ride on the JR West's Sagano Sightseeing Railway from Torokko Saga station to Torokko Kameoka for 600 yen. The Torokko Ressha, also ...
Thu, 16 May 2013 04:19:26 -0700
Kitcho Arashiyama (Kyoto, Japan) 101. Baan Aarya (Bintan, Indonesia). Bloomberg. Email This Page. Vanu. Din Tai Fung Jakarta does not deserve any praise as it does not follow the award winning recipes of the Taiwan mother restaurant and instead serves ...
Tue, 07 May 2013 20:46:54 -0700
If you know what's good for you you'll take the JR train to Arashiyama station from Kyoto station. Find a walkway leading to the bamboo forest off the main street of Arashiyama. Bliss out maximally, without neglecting pre and post neck stretches. Move ...
Thu, 09 May 2013 03:31:55 -0700
On the outskirts of Kyoto, Arashiyama has been a tourist hot-spot since the 8th century. The park is particularly popular when the spring cherry blossoms bloom and in the autumn when the forest takes on a hue of fiery oranges and reds. Within this ...
Thu, 09 May 2013 05:07:53 -0700
When the train arrived at Saga Arashiyama Station, Nomura immediately went to contact the conductor, who then called the police. Officers rushed to the scene and arrested the male for indecent assault. Nomura decided to call it a day and go home, but ...
The Japan Daily Press
Thu, 09 May 2013 18:24:08 -0700
When the train arrived at Saga Arashiyama Station, Nomura called the attention of the train authorities, who in turn called the police. Officers rushed to the scene and arrested the male for indecent assault. Nomura then decided to call it a day and go ...
Fri, 03 May 2013 05:47:08 -0700
In the Arashiyama district with its famed bamboo forests, featured in the film Memoirs of a Geisha, the group was driven around in traditional rickshaws. During their time in Kyoto, the group also inspected several high-end properties including the ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Arashiyama with people all over the world in our discussions.