Apostolos N. Athanassakis is a classical scholar and Argyropoulos Chair in Hellenic Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB). Professor Athanassakis, or "Professor A" as he is often referred to by students, currently serves as the faculty in residence in Manzanita Village. Athanassakis has taught at UCSB for nearly thirty years in the Classics Department. From 1984-1986 he served as Head of the Humanities Division at the University of Crete, in Greece.
- Apocolocyntosis divi Claudii (translation, introduction and commentary, 1973)
- The Homeric Hymns (translation, introduction and notes). Baltimore, MD; Johns Hopkins University Press, 1976. ISBN 0-8018-1792-7
- Vita Sancti Pachomii (translation and introduction, 1977)
- Ranka (1978)
- Hesiod: Theogony, Works and Days and Shield of Heracles (translation, introduction and commentary, 1983)
- Essays on Hesiod, Volume I (editor, 1992)
- Essays on Hesiod, Volume II (editor and contributor, 1993)
- The Life of St. George of Chozeba (with Tim Vivian, 1993)
- The Life of St. Anthony (with Tim Vivian, 2003)
- The Orphic Hymns: Text, Translation and Notes, Society of Biblical Literature, 1988
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.