|American International University-Bangladesh|
|Motto||Where leaders are created|
|Chancellor||President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Carmen Z. Lamagna|
|Academic staff||277 (full-time faculty) as of Spring 2011–2012|
|Students||10,725 as of Spring 2011–2012|
American International University-Bangladesh (Bengali: অ্যামেরিকান ইন্টারন্যাশনাল ইউনিভার্সিটি-বাংলাদেশ) (AIUB) is a renowned private research university located at Banani in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The university is an independent organization with its own Board of Trustees. It offers several degree programs at graduate and undergraduate level from its four faculties.
It is committed to provide quality and excellent computer-based academic programs responsive to the emerging challenges of the rapid technological advancements. It envisions promoting professional and excellent leadership catering to the technological progress and development needs of the country. It is dedicated to nurture and produce competent world-class professionals imbued with a strong sense of ethical value ready to face the competitive world of arts, business, science, social science and technology. As of 2013, AIUB ranked 2nd among all universities in Bangladesh.
It was established in 1994 by Dr. Anwarul Abedin under the Private University Act, 1992.
- Administration Building is at .
- Campus 1: Faculty of Business Administration is at .
- Campus 2: Faculty of Engineering is at .
- Campus 3: Accounts and Audit Section is at .
- Campus 4: Faculty of Science and Information Technology and the IT Department is at .
- Campus 5: Faculty of Business Administration is at .
- Campus 6: Deans' Office and AQAC is at .
- Campus 7: Department of Math, Department of Basic Sciences and Department of Architecture is at .
Academic bunting and tassel color 
|Light blue||Faculty of Science and Information Technology|
|Orange||Faculty of Engineering|
|Green||Faculty of Business Administration|
|Maroon||Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences|
Each applicant has to pass the admission test administered by the university. The admission examination tests each student potential to successfully pursue the undergraduate degree program. The application for the admission form is available in the Admission Information Office. Completed application forms, together with required documents should be submitted to the Admission Office within the due deadline.
The medium of instruction of all academic programs at AIUB is English. Each course focuses on the intellectual development of the students. Classes are conducted by full participation of students (discussion, question-answer). Case analysis and presentation are integral parts of the English courses to increase communication skills and analytic ability of the students. Design projects and thesis works emphasizes on the ability of the students to analytic, designing and implementation skills of various states of the art technologies in the field of science and engineering.
The academic year of the university in corporates two regular semesters and one short semester. The duration of each regular semester is 14/16 weeks and the duration of summer semester is 10/12 weeks.
- Spring Semester: January-May
- Summer Semester: June-August
- Fall Semester: September-December
Grading System 
Letter grades indicating the quality of course work completed with their corresponding grade points are shown below
|Letter||Grade Point||Numerical (%)|
|F||0.00||< 50 (Failed)|
This program is open for both incoming and continuing students with at least one year of residency. It covers full or partial tuition fee waiver. Incoming students qualify by passing the competitive examinations while weighted average CGPA for the previous year of 3.75. The number of awardees is dependent on the slots available.
The academic programs gradually develop around the Faculty of Science and Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Business Administration, and Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- Bachelors of Arts in Media and Mass Communication
- Bachelors of Arts English
- Bachelors of Social Science in Economics
- Masters in Public Health (MPH)
- Faculty of Business Administration
- BBA in Accounting & Finance
- BBA in Management
- BBA in Human Resource Management (HRM)
- BBA in Marketing
- BBA in Tourism & Hospitality Management (THM)
- International Business (IB)
- BBA in Management Information System (MIS)
- BBA in Investment Management (IM)
- BBA in Operation Management (OM)
- MBA in Accounting
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Human Resource Management (HRM)
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Operations Management (OM)
- MBA in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- MBA in Business Economics
- MBA in Management
- MBA in Agri Business
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Faculty of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Architecture (BArch)
- Master of Engineering in Telecommunications (MTEL)
- Faculty of Science and Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Science (CS)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Software Engineering (SE)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS)
AIUB is the first university of the nation to offer the Agribusiness MBA (AgMBA) program. The Master of Engineering in Telecommunications (M.Eng. in Telecommunications) is a joint degree program by the Faculty of Science & IT and Faculty of Engineering. AIUB has been offering the program since spring 2008–09.
Research and Publications 
In research arena, AIUB has boldly continued with its academic journals: AIUB Journal of Science and Engineering (AJSE) (ISSN 1608-3679) and AIUB Journal of Business and Economics (AJBE), (ISSN 1683-8742). Since the first publications in 2002 three issues per year are being published regularly ans the journals have been appreciated by the academics of the country and abroad.
AIUB has launched an online databank, which contains historical financial data of nation's business, stock market, economic data and HR data.
The university has the following labs:
- Control system Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Digital signal processing Lab
- Electrical circuits Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- Microcomputer Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Microwave engineering Lab
- Motor and Transformer Winding Repair Shop
- PCB Etching Room
- Industrial and Power Electronics Lab
- Telecommunications Lab
- VLSI Lab
- VHDL & Logic Synthesis Lab
- Switch gear
- Project lab
- Cellular Communication Lab
- Power system protection Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Language Lab
The library of AIUB is the collection of the knowledge and built up a balanced and rich collection in Business Administration, Science and Technology, Computer, Arts and Social Science. It is an open library system to students of AIUB, which provides rich collection of books including journals, newsletter, thesis works, audio-visual materials and CDs. The total collection of the library is about 50,000 including more than 26,000 books, about 100 journals and other articles, preodicals, CDs, video covering more than 80 academic areas.
The library can accommodate more than 525 students at a time. AIUB library has "Library Management System" the software which has been created by university IT department and now the system is operational.
There are ten terminals through which the students and faculty can search for and locate books that they require. Students ID cards stand as library card. The library is operating on an extensive schedule from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm from Saturday to Thursday, 3:00 pm to 07:00 pm on Friday and 11:00 am to 03:00 pm on Saturday.
Apart from this, the university has established campus library at campus 2 & 7 with seating capacity of 40-45 students. The campus library is established with an intention to extend and diversify the service of the central library. The purpose of the campus library is to provide all kind of necessary services, related to library, to the students of different departments located in the respective campuses. The campus library remains open from 9 am to 5 pm. At each campus library, computer with LMS facility is provided for searching the materials. There is also a person assigned for managing the library operations of each campus library and supervised by the Central Library Librarian.
Other Facilities 
- Recreational Complex
The university students may use the gymnasium (individual fitness equipment) on a monthly fee basis. The university has a common room equipped with table tennis and carom board facilities.
- Prayer Room
The university has a prayer room in every campus for students seeking spiritual assistance.
The auditorium serves as an activity room for extra curricular activities. It has seating capacity of 210 people. It is used as a venue for seminars meetings also for special classes, Business Presentation and the like. It is equipped with state of the art facilities.
- Student Health Services
The students Health Center provides free consultation and first aid treatment of minor injuries and sickness. It also provides first aid treatment to emergency cases.A doctor and a nurse supervise the health center. The Health Center also conducts programs and activities for health awareness.
- Hostel Facilities
The university offers housing for international students and out-of-Dhaka students. There are separate housing for male and female.
- Security Services
The university is physically secured and protected by a security force. The security force is equipped with state of the art gadgets for the purpose of fulfilling their duties. CCTV to monitor student activities surround the premises.
Extra curricular activities 
AIUB is one of the only five universities from Bangladesh who have participated in the maximum level of ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ACM ICPC) commonly known as ACM ICPC World Final. In 2001, AIUB qualified for the world final through Wild Card by securing second place in ACM ICPC Kanpur Site regional. Office of Student Affairs (OSA) looks after the extra curricular activities of the student community through student organizations like: AIUB ARTS CLUB first organised "AIUB ARTS CLUB Presents 1st Inter Private University Art Exhibition- 2012" Unleashing Imagination at Dhaka Art Center.
Student Organisations 
The University believes that students' proper nourishment is enlightened through participating in various extra curricular activities. Keeping that in mind, the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) encourages students to take part in different clubs and organization that exists in its arena:
- AIUB Alumini Association
- AIUB ACM Club
- AIUB ARTS CLUB (AAC)
- AIUB Business Club (ABC)
- AIUB Computer Club (ACC)
- AIUB Cricket Team
- AIUB Oratory Club (AOC)
- AIUB Drama Club (ADC)
- AIUB Film Club (AFC)
- AIUB Foreign Students Association (AFSA)
- AIUB Cyber Gaming Club (ACGC)
- AIUB Performing Arts Club (APAC)
- AIUB Photography Club (APC)
- AIUB Social Welfare Club 'Shomoy'
- AIUB Software Development Club
- Duke of Edinburg Award Program
- AIESEC in AIUB
- IEEE, AIUB Branch
- AIUB Society for Human Resource (HR Society)
- AIUB Computer Club (ACC)
The international Relations and Affiliations that AIUB presently has are with other associations and universities in countries, namely:
- Memberships of the University
- University Grants Commission Bangladesh (UGC)
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- International Association of University Presidents (IAUP)
- American Association of University Administrators (AAUA)
- Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN)
- American Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh (AmCham)
- Association of Universities in the Asia & the Pacific (AUAP)
- Global University Network for Innovation (GUNI)
- Score recipients of GMAT and TOEFL with code 7067
- Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
- Institute of Architects Bangladesh (IAB)
AIUB is listed in the International University Handbook, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 editions by UNESCO
- An independent organization with its own Board of Trustees. "Overview of AIUB". Archived from the original on 12 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "University web ranking". Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- "Private University Act, 1992". Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- Academic programs. "Degrees offered at present". Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "Agribusiness MBA is offered for the first time in Bangladesh by AIUB.". The America's Intelligence Wire. May 6, 2003. Retrieved 2008-03-25.
- "Final Standing, ACM ICPC World Final 2002". Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- "ACM ICPC Kanpur Site regional standing 2001". Retrieved 2008-03-16.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.