|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|President||Robi Pierre Rocco|
|Secretary-General||Ernesto M. Ramel Jr|
|Headquarters||3rd Floor, 62 Tomas Morato Avenue, Quezon City|
|Youth wing||Aksyon Kabataan|
|Colors||Blue, White, Yellow|
|Seats in the House of Representatives||
1 / 292
0 / 81
|Provincial vice governorships||
0 / 81
Aksyon Demokratiko (English: Democratic Action) or Aksyon is a political party in the Philippines, founded by the late Senator Raul S. Roco. It is a major political party that advocates "non-traditional" means of politics. It was recognized as a national political party in 1997 by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC).
It participated in four national and local elections (1998, 2001, 2004, and 2007) where it had moderate successes. In 2010, the party signed a coalition agreement with the Liberal Party in order to jointly field then Senator Benigno Aquino III for President.
For the Philippine general election, 2016, the party will be fielding National as well as local candidates throughout the Philippines.
Magbago! (Change!) Makialam! (Participate!) Sulong sa Bagong Pilipinas! (Forward to a New Philippines!) are the party's slogans.
The Political Vision of the Party is rooted in Raul Roco's The Agenda of Hope
H - Honest government O - Opportunity for all, special privileges for none P - Peace, Productivity and Prosperity E - Education and Environment for sustainable development.
The Party believes that there should be regional solutions to regional problems. The Party organizes itself based on the principles of local autonomy. The Party believes and pushes for the empowerment of the Filipino masses. The Party advocates a 'bottom-up' approach in tackling the issues of the country. The Party recognizes the importance of the participation youth in government and therefore actively pushes for the empowerment of the youth.
- Mrs. Sonia Roco
- Former Department of Education Secretary and Former Senator Raul Roco
- Former Commission on Human Rights Chair and Former Department of Justice Secretary Leila de Lima
- Former National and Economic Development Authority Chair, TV Talk show host, Professor Winnie Monsod
- Former Tarlac Representative Herminio Aquino
- Pangasinan Governor Amado Espino, Jr.
- Pangasinan Vice Governor Ferdinand Calimlim Jr.
- World Champion Bowler Bong Coo
National Candidates for the 2016 Philippine elections
- TIEZA (Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority) COO and Former Pampanga Governor Mark Lapid for Senator
- Lawyer Lorna Kapunan for Senator