|— Province of Turkey —|
|• Total||14.230 km2 (5.494 sq mi)|
|• Density||49,000/km2 ( 130,000/sq mi)|
|Per capita income||12,177 TL (38th; 2011)|
Adjacent provinces are Kütahya to the northwest, Uşak to the west, Denizli to the southwest, Burdur to the south, Isparta to the southeast, Konya to the east, and Eskişehir to the north. The provincial capital is Afyonkarahisar. It covers an area of 14.230 km², and the population is about 697,559 (2010 est).
Afyonkarahisar province is divided into 18 districts:
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "İşte Türkiye'nin en zengin illeri" [Here is the richest provinces of Turkey]. Kuzey Ekspres Gazetesi (in Turkish). 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- Statistical Institute
Media related to Afyonkarahisar Province at Wikimedia Commons
- Afyonkarahisar governor's official website (Turkish)
- Afyonkarahisar municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Pictures of the capital of Afyonkarahisar province. With old Fortress of Opium, nice old centre. (English)
|This geographical article about a location in Afyonkarahisar Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.