|Adam W. Marcus|
|Alma mater||Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Doctoral advisor||Prasad Tetali|
Adam Wade Marcus (born August 1979) is an American mathematician. As part of a team of three, he won the Pólya Prize in 2014. Marcus is a visiting scientist at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, and is also the cofounder and chief scientist at Crisply, a marketing analytics company in Boston, Massachusetts.
Marcus completed his undergraduate studies at the Washington University in St. Louis. He later completed his doctoral studies under the supervision of Prasad Tetali at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Following his graduation in 2008, he spent four years as a Gibbs Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics at Yale University. He is an alumnus of the Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics.
During 2003–2004, Marcus was a Fulbright scholar. In 2008, he was awarded the inaugural Dénes König Prize in Discrete Mathematics from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics for his work in solving the Stanley–Wilf conjecture. A team consisting of Marcus, Daniel Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava was awarded the 2014 Pólya Prize for their resolution of the Kadison-Singer problem. He was an invited speaker at the 2014 International Congress of Mathematicians in Seoul, South Korea.
- Marcus, A.; Tardos, G. (2004), "Excluded permutation matrices and the Stanley–Wilf conjecture", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A 107 (1): 153–160.
- Marcus, A. W.; Spielman, D. A.; Srivastava, N. (17 Jun 2013). "Interlacing Families II: Mixed characteristic polynomials and the Kadison–Singer problem". Cornell University Library. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Yale Profile
- Adam Marcus at Mathematics Genealogy Project
- SIAM: Dénes König Prize
- SIAM: George Pólya Prize
- About Crisply
- About our alumni, HCSSiM, retrieved 2015-03-02.
- Fulbright Scholarships garnered by students news.wustl.edu
- 2014 George Pólya Prize shared by Adam Marcus, Daniel Spielman, and Nikhil Srivastava connect.siam.org
- ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.