|Born||Arbaiyah Abdul Manan
1 December 1977
|Spouse(s)||Norman Hakim (m.2002-2008)
Muhammad Noor Farhan (m.2013)
Arbaiyah Abdul Manan (born 1 December 1977) or better known as Abby Abadi is a Malaysian actress who stars on the popular police drama, Gerak Khas. She won the Berita Harian's Anugerah Bintang Popular Award for Most Popular TV Actress in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003.
Abby Abadi was a member of the girl-group Elite, before leaving it in 1998. She joined the Wheel of Fortune-based game show Roda Impian during its second season, as co-host.She later left the show.
Abadi was also filming for the TV series Gerak Khas, playing one of the leads, Inspektor Aleeza. Its popularity led in 2001 to a hit feature film  based on the series. Two sequels followed, with more modest success. In 2005, she had a part as Atikah on Kamasutra.
Abby was born in 1 December 1977 and comes from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Abby married her co-star, Norman Hakim (Inspektor Haris), in 2002. Norman and Abby was confirmed divorced (talak satu) at the Gombak Timur Shariah Court in 2008 after they divorced for the first time on 5 May 2006. Result of their life partnership, they have three children namely Mohamed Danish Hakim, Marissa Dania, and Maria Danisha.
After 4 years being divorced, Abby legally married with a man from Kampung Kok Pasir, Tumpat, Kelantan in 9 July 2013. Her husband name is Muhammad Noor Farhan Che Bakar and 12 year old younger than her.
Involvement In politics
Abby's decision to join PAS caused quite a stir in the entertainment industry. This is because of her flamboyant lifestyles as an actress contradicts all that is considered Haram or sinful. Another colleague of Abby, Hairi Othman is also a member of the coalition and they hope to be able to fend off political attacks towards the party.
Abby now is actively involved in politics through her membership in the Opposition party Islamic Party of Malaysia (PAS) and has been making her rounds in ceramahs or political sermons around the country, mainly to encourage the people to vote for the opposition in the next General Election.
Even in an Islamic party, Abby cannot seems to avoid controversy. She was said to have married a PAS assembly member Mohd Zaki Ibrahim (41). However, she denied the claims and the issue was not being taken seriously in the Malaysian political arena.
Controversial Comments About Islam
Abby is quite vocal in voicing her opinion on Islamic teaching. Ever since she became a member of PAS, she began giving notorious sermons and teachings based solely on her personal views.
Because most of her views contradicts the true teachings of Islam, Abby was condemned in the Malaysian blogosphere. In a Malay language portal, it shows that Abby stated that, the reason for all the things that she has done in PAS is for the benefits of her friends, family and the society. She firmly believes that her work in PAS can guarantee her salvation in the here after.
Feud With Religious Scholar
Because of her controversial comments on Islam, Abby was criticised by one of Malaysia's prominent Islamic scholar Dr Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin. Abby and Dr Mohd Asri lashes out in the social media such as Facebook And Twitter. Other than Mohd Asri, Abby also have been questioned by her fellow PAS member and also a religious teacher Ustaz Azhar Idrus simply because of her views that contradicts the real Islamic teachings. Ustaz Azhar Idrus even suggested that Abby must further her studies and conduct extensive research on subjects that she wanted to comment.
List of films
- Gerak Khas the Movie (2001)
- Gerak Khas the Movie 2 (2002)
- Gerak Khas the Movie 3 (2005)
List of Drama
- Artis Melayu, "Norman Ucap Terima Kasih Pada Abby", Artis Melayu, Kuala Lumpur, October 2011. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- Gambar Suami Abby Abadi bernama Muhammad Noor Farhan, Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Harakah Daily, "Malay drama star Abby Abadi goes 'green' for life", Harakah Daily.com, 20 July 2012. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- MOHD ZAILANI ABD RAHMAN. "Abby Jadi Ahli Seumur Hidup PAS", Sinar Harian, Kuala Lumpur, 20 Julai 2012. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- The Star. "‘I’m not married to Abby’, says PAS assemblyman", The Star, Kuala Lumpur, 4 August 2012. Retrieved on 19 February 2013.
- The Star Archives, "Nik Aziz: PAS has no objection to reps having more than one wife", The Star Online, Kuala Lumpur, 3 August 2012. Retrieved on 20 February 2013.
- k,b. "Sempat Ke Saya Nak Selamatkan Rakan-Rakan Sebelum Kiamat? – Abby Abadi", Sempat Ke Saya Nak Selamatkan Rakan-Rakan Sebelum Kiamat? – Abby Abadi, Kuala Lumpur, 4 September 2012.Retrieved on 20 Februari 2013.
- Syafiq Ikhwan. "Abby Abadi terkejut Ditegur Ustaz Azhar Idrus!", Kuala Lumpur, 15 August 2012. Retrieved on 20 February 2013.