The A26 is a 357.6 km (222.2 mi) long French motorway connecting Calais and Troyes. It is also known as the Autoroute des Anglais as it is the main route from the Dover-Calais ferries and the Channel Tunnel to most parts of France and often contains large numbers of British cars, particularly during the summer holiday season. Before the opening of the A16 in the 1990s the A26 formed part of the road route between London and Paris.
The road forms part of European route E-15 and E-17.
The motorway starts at Calais, at a junction with the A16 and N216 (which links to the Car Ferries). From there it runs southeast past Saint-Omer, Béthune, Lens and Arras. Near Arras is a major intersection with the A1, which runs south to Paris.
The A26 continues southeast, passing near Cambrai, Saint-Quentin and Laon before meeting the A4 at Reims. The two motorways merge (overlap) for 36 km (22 mi) before splitting up near Châlons en Champagne (formerly Châlons-sur-Marne), with the A26 heading south. The terminus is at Troyes, where the A26 meets the A5, which provides connections to southern and eastern France.
- 1 Junction with A16 (Paris to Dunkerque, A216 spur to RN216 and the Calais Ferry Port, and the A26.
- Rest Area: Nortkerque (Northbound), Zutkerque (Southbound)
- 2 Nordausques: Ardres
- 3 Saint-Omer Centre – Boulogne: Saint Omer and Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Péage Saint-Omer
- 4 Saint-Omer Centre, Thérouanne: Saint-Omer
- Rest Area: Grand Riez / Villefleur
- Service Area: Rely / St-Hilaire-Cottes
- 5 Lillers: Lillers and Saint Pol-sur-Ternoise
- Rest Area: Le Réveillon / La Grande Bucaille
- 6 Béthune: Béthune
- 6.1 'Aix-Noulette' A21 to A26: Lens
- Service Area;: Souchez / Angres
- 7 Arras nord: Arras and Vimy
- Rest Area: Les Trois Crêtes / La Cressonière
- A1 (Lille to Paris with A26
- Rest Area: Bonnettes (southbound) Bois-Dhuez (Northbound)
- Service Area: Rumaucourt (Southbound) Baralle (Northbound)
- 8 Marquion: Cambrai
- A2 (Paris to Brussels) with A26
- Rest Area: Plateau (Southbound) Vacquerie (Northbound)
- 9 Masnières: Fins, Bantouzelle
- Rest Area: La Haute Bruyère L'Omignon
- 10 Saint Quentin Ouest: Saint Quentin
- A29 (Rouen) with A26
- 11 Saint Quentin Sud: Saint Quentin, Tergnier and Chauny
- Service Area: Urvillers
- 12 Courbes: La Fere
- Rest Area: St Brice / Broyon
- 13 Laon: Laon
- Rest Area: la Croisette (Southbound) Les Pélerins (Northbound)
- Service Area: Mont-de-Nizy / Champ-Roland
- 14 Berry-au-Bac: Neufchâtel-sur-Aisne and Soissons
- Rest area: Cauroy / Loivre
- Péage Courcy
- 15 Reims - La Neuvillette: Reims, Reims-Champagne Airport
- 16 Reims - Colbert: Reims
- A4 (Paris to Strasbourg) with A26
- A4 (Paris to Strasbourg) with A26
- Rest Area:Les Grands Traquiers (Southbound)
- 17 St-Gibrien: Châlons-en-Champagne
- Rest Area: La Garenne (Northbound)
- 18 Mont Choisy: Châlons-en-Champagne and Fère-Champenoise
- Rest Area: La Bardolle (Northbound)
- 19 Europort Vatry: Europort Business park
- 20 Sommesous: Fère-Champenoise and Vitry-le-François (RN4)
- Service Area: Sommesous
- Rest Area: Le Champ du Carreau / Champ-L'Épée
- 21 Arcis-sur-Aube: Arcis-sur-Aube and Brienne-le-Château
- Service Area: St Arcis-sur-Aube
- 22 Charmont: Troyes
- Rest Area: Villechétif / Les Crocs de la Terre
- 23 Thennelières: Troyes, Vendeuvre-sur-Barse and Parc Naturel Regional De La Forêt D'Orient
- A5 (Paris to Dijon) with A26
The A26 will be extended to Auxerre after 2025.  and perhaps to Bourges thereafter but that is not programmed before 2030.  It would, if completed, replace N77 and N151 as part of the second version of the Grand contournement de Paris.
Route map: Bing
Sun, 05 Oct 2014 11:11:15 -0700
Erquinghem-Lys is just the other side of the river and the A26 autoroute from the town of Armentières, and is just under 10 miles from the centre of Lille. One month later the occupiers and inhabitants of Lille would have heard a week long bombardment ...
Tue, 09 Jul 2013 02:49:54 -0700
Indeed there used to be specialist discount warehouses such as El Monde De Masons, Monsieur Mason or Aprons Daggers et Fings just off the A26 autoroute, where you could load up the boot with aprons, silver-plated set squares, goblets, white gloves and ...
La Voix du Nord
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:00:00 -0700
Le diffuseur autoroutier de Nœux-les-Mines, sur l'autoroute A26 et le territoire de la commune de Labourse, sera mis en service en novembre. Le pont de l'échangeur est en fait un ancien ouvrage d'art des Houillères, sur lequel passait un cavalier, qui ...
Fri, 06 Apr 2012 04:28:08 -0700
The airport is located where the historic N4 between the French capital and Alsace meets the A26 autoroute from Reims to Troyes. While the airport is handy for the effervescent towns of Epernay and Châlons-en-Champagne, the map reveals that Paris is ...
Sun, 10 May 2009 00:00:00 -0700
Just half a mile from the ferry terminal in Calais, a UK-bound lorry driver at the weekend makes the mistake of slowing down to a crawl on the A26 Autoroute des Anglais dual carriageway. At a signal from their fixers, around 100 illegal migrants arise ...
La Voix du Nord
Sun, 13 Jul 2014 04:06:40 -0700
La construction du diffuseur (ou échangeur) autoroutier de Nœux, sur l'autoroute A26, et sur le territoire de la commune de Labourse, touche à sa fin. Une visite de chantier a permis de mieux comprendre l'ampleur de la tâche, ici résumée en quelques ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.