|This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
the People's Republic of China
The 3rd National People's Congress (simplified Chinese: 第三届全国人民代表大会; traditional Chinese: 第三屆全國人民代表大會; pinyin: Dìsān Jiè Quánguó Rénmín Dàibiǎo Dàhuì) was in session from 1964 to 1975. It held only one plenary session in the ten years.
The plenary session was held from December 21, 1964 to January 4, 1965. The Congress elected the state leaders:
- Chairman of the People's Republic of China: Liu Shaoqi
- Vice Chairman of the People's Republic of China: Song Qingling, Dong Biwu
- Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress: Zhu De
- Premier of the State Council: Zhou Enlai
- President of the Supreme People's Court: Yang Xiufeng
- Procurator-General of the Supreme People's Procuratorate: Zhang Dingcheng
- (Chinese) Official website of the NPC
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.