|This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
the People's Republic of China
The 2nd National People's Congress (simplified Chinese: 第二届全国人民代表大会; traditional Chinese: 第二屆全國人民代表大會; pinyin: Dìèr Jiè Quánguó Rénmín Dàibiǎo Dàhuì) was in session from 1959 to 1964. It held four plenary sessions in this period.
The first plenary session was held in April 1959. The Congress elected the state leaders:
- Chairman of the People's Republic of China: Liu Shaoqi
- Vice Chairman of the People's Republic of China: Song Qingling, Dong Biwu
- Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress: Zhu De
- Premier of the State Council: Zhou Enlai
- President of the Supreme People's Court: Xie Juezai
- Procurator-General of the Supreme People's Procuratorate: Zhang Dingcheng
- (Chinese) Official website of the NPC
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.