|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||Other events of 1971
List of years in Pakistan
- President: Yahya Khan (until 20 December), Zulfikar Ali Bhutto (starting 20 December)
- Prime Minister: Nurul Amin (starting 7 December and ending 20 December)
- Widespread chaos and military crackdown in East Pakistan following the failure to recognize the elected majority party Awami League.
- Guerrillas (Mukti Bahini) start the Bangladesh Liberation War in East Pakistan.
- India aids the rebels and enters the war in the first week of December and inflicts a crushing defeat on Pakistan Military in just a fortnight, thus creating the state of Bangladesh.
- 2 January - Aamer Nazir, cricketer
|This article about Pakistani history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|