|Race 8 of 11 in the 1967 Formula One season|
|Date||27 August 1967|
|Location||Mosport International Raceway, Ontario, Canada|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||3.957 km (2.458 mi)|
|Distance||90 laps, 356.13 km (221.22 mi)|
|Weather||Rainy with temperatures up to 24.4 °C (75.9 °F); wind speeds up to 8 kilometres per hour (5.0 mph)|
The 1967 Canadian Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at Mosport Park in Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada on August 27, 1967. The 90-lap race was the eighth round of the 1967 Formula One season and was won by Jack Brabham driving for his own Brabham team. This was the first Canadian Grand Prix held in the Formula One Championship.
Having already changed his battery on the grid, losing six laps, Al Pease spun and stalled out on the circuit during the race, and suffered another flat battery. He ran back to the pits for a new one, ran back to the car, fitted the battery himself and continued. He was still running at the finish, albeit 43 laps down on the winner.
|2||2||Denny Hulme||Brabham-Repco||90||+ 1:01.9||3||6|
|3||10||Dan Gurney||Eagle-Weslake||89||+ 1 Lap||5||4|
|4||4||Graham Hill||Lotus-Ford||88||+ 2 Laps||2||3|
|5||16||Mike Spence||BRM||87||+ 3 Laps||10||2|
|6||20||Chris Amon||Ferrari||87||+ 3 Laps||4||1|
|7||19||Bruce McLaren||McLaren-BRM||86||+ 4 Laps||6|
|8||9||Jo Bonnier||Cooper-Maserati||85||+ 5 Laps||14|
|9||12||David Hobbs||BRM||85||+ 5 Laps||12|
|10||8||Richard Attwood||Cooper-Maserati||84||+ 6 Laps||13|
|11||6||Mike Fisher||Lotus-BRM||81||+ 9 Laps||17|
|NC||11||Al Pease||Eagle-Climax||47||Not Classified||15|
|Ret||17||Chris Irwin||BRM||18||Spun Off||11|
- Eppie Wietzes was disqualified after attempting to receive outside assistance whilst suffering an ignition failure. He was driving a factory Lotus 49, but qualified 17th (16th due to Siffert's withdrawal) and was 8.4 seconds off Jim Clark's pace.
- Jo Siffert qualified 13th, but was unable to start his car on the grid, and withdrew from the event.
- Last podium finish for Dan Gurney and his team, Eagle.
Championship standings after the race
- Notes: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Weather information for the "1967 Canadian Grand Prix"". The Old Farmers' Almanac. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- "Al Pease". F1 Rejects. Archived from the original on 5 May 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- "1967 Canadian Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 18 February 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: 1967 Canadian Grand Prix|
1967 German Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1967 Italian Grand Prix
|Canadian Grand Prix||Next race:
1968 Canadian Grand Prix
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.