1954 in jazz:
Album releases 
- Alfred Burt, American jazz composer and trumpeter
- Austin Wylie, American jazz bandleader.
- Brad Gowans, American jazz trombonist and reedist.
- Dink Johnson, dixieland jazz pianist, clarinetist, and drummer.
- Garland Wilson, American jazz pianist
- Hot Lips Page, American jazz trumpeter, singer, and bandleader
- Lee Morse, American jazz and blues singer and songwriter
- Mike Mosiello, Italian-born American trumpet player
- Papa Celestin, American jazz bandleader, trumpeter, cornetist and vocalist.
- Rudy Williams, American jazz alto saxophonist
- William Frank Newton, trumpeter from Emory, Virginia.
- Al Di Meola, guitarist
- Andy Narell, steelpan musician and composer
- Angela Bofill, American vocalist and songwriter
- Barb Jungr, Englist singer-songwriter
- Basia, Polish singer-songwriter and record producer
- Brian Rolland, American guitarist, composer and songwriter
- Brian Torff, American double-bassist and composer
- Bruce Hornsby,
- Bruno Råberg, Swedish-born bassist and composer
- Carles Benavent, bassist
- Catherine Whitney, American singer, composer and lyricist
- Chuck Deardorf,
- Cindy Breakspeare,
- Craig Chaquico, guitarist
- David Bloom,
- Dennis González,
- Don Mumford,
- Donald Brown pianist
- Earl Klugh, American guitarist and composer
- Eric Von Essen, American bassist, pianist and composer
- Eugenio Toussaint,
- Günter Müller,
- Hank Roberts,
- Hannes Bauer, German trombonist
- Henry Johnson, American guitarist
- Jay Hoggard,
- Jeff Clayton, American alto saxophonist and flautist
- Jeff Johnson, American bass player
- Jesper Lundgaard,
- Joe Fonda, American bassist
- John Bernard Riley,
- John Russell, acoustic guitarist
- John Wolf Brennan,
- Jon Jang, American pianist, composer and bandleader
- Jovino Santos-Neto,
- Kip Hanrahan, American music impresario, record producer and percussionist
- Madeline Eastman, American singer
- Marc Ribot, American guitarist and composer
- Michael Moore (saxophonist and clarinetist),
- Michael White,
- Michel Benita, double bass player
- Michel Camilo, pianist and composer
- Nnenna Freelon, American singer
- Noel Pointer, American violinist and record producer
- Ondrej Havelka,
- Orhan Demir, Canadian guitarist
- Paleka, Portuguese percussionist
- Pam Bricker, American singer
- Pat Metheny, American guitarist and composer
- Patrice Rushen, American vocalist
- Pete Allen,
- Peter Erskine, American drummer and composer
- Peter White, guitarist
- Rick Vandivier,
- Ricky Ford, American tenor saxophonist
- Scott Earl Holman, American pianist
- Scott Henderson, guitarist
- Stephanie Nakasian,
- Steve Holt (Canadian musician),
- Steve LaSpina, bassist
- Steve Nelson, American vibraphonist
- Steve Rochinski, guitarist and teacher
- Steve Rodby, American bassist
- Steve Swell, American trombonist
- Tchavolo Schmitt, guitarist
- Tim Berne, American saxophone player
- Tim Hagans, trumpet player, arranger and composer
- Tim Sparks,
- Tina Marsh, American vocalist and composer
- Tom Browne, American trumpeter
- Vince Jones,
- Warren Benbow, drummer
- Wayne Peet, American pianist and organist
- Wendell Brunious, American trumpeter and bandleader
- Yuri Lemeshev, Russian accordion player
External links 
Royal Garden blues-McPartland at a jazzdance 1954
Royal Garden Blues McPartland 1954 The Jazz Dance. 1954 Roger Tilton wrote (what little there is in this mostly unrehearsed short), directed and produced thi...
Erroll Garner - Laura (1954)
"Laura" is a 1945 popular song composed by David Raksin, with lyrics written by Johnny Mercer from the 1944 movie starring Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews. It ...
John Coltrane - Don't Blame Me ( Jazz Be Bop 1954-1957 )
Livre Les énergies de la Chance Embarquez vers l'Eldorado ! http://www.editions-labussiere.fr/esoterisme/83-les-energies-de-la-chance-catherine-dalancon.php ...
Louis Armstrong 1954 as King Oliver - The Emergence Of Jazz -2 sides
1954/9/5 CBS-TV YOU ARE THERE: "THE EMERGENCE OF JAZZ", A recreation of the closing of Storyville.; King Oliver band played by Louis Armstrong (t,v,speech) &...
JAZZ DANCE - a Roger Tilton Film
Matrixx Entertainment is pleased to present the 1954 classic, JAZZ DANCE, produced and directed by Roger Tilton, edited by Richard Brummer. Special appearanc...
Chet Baker Quartet My Old Flame Jazz At Ann Arbor 1954
Vintage Gibson ES-175 Hollow Body Jazz Electric Guitar ~ Original 1954 ES-175D
A Jazz inspired arpeggio-based melody I made up mostly as a teaching and practicing aid. Fun and challenging to play; and helps to keep my finge...
Chris Barber's Jazz Band - Ice Cream (UK, 1954)
NO VIDEO! Will be deleted later, because better video found. Lyrics starts on 1:11. One picture (320x180): Schweiz.
Vlach hraje jazz českých autorů 20 Ukolébavka v rytmu - 1954
20 Ukolébavka v rytmu: Vlastimil Hála a arr. 3. listopadu 1954 Obsazení: Karel Vlach -- dirigent, Karel Krautgartner, Jaroslav Kopáček -- altsaxofony; Milan ...
Art Carney - Twas The Night Before Christmas (1954 Jazz Rap)
Arthur William Matthew "Art" Carney (November 4, 1918 -- November 9, 2003) was an American actor in film, stage, television and radio. He is best known for p...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "1954 in jazz" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about 1954 in jazz with people all over the world in our discussions.